Thursday, April 24, 2008

Things Lost while Travelling. . .

We have now been on the road for about six weeks and tomorrow will mark the halfway point of our trip. We were noticing that our bags seem much lighter. At first, I was hoping that I´d just become that much stronger; however, I think that the truth is just that we´ve lost a lot of stuff! Here´s some of what we´ve lost so far. . .I´m sure we´ll lose even more as we journey through Europe and Africa!

  • Peter started it off by losing his cell phone cord in Monterrico
  • I followed his example by losing my glasses case
  • We both lost our lambas
  • I lost my PJ bottoms
  • Peter lost a t-shirt
  • I lost a bra (luckily I had two others!)
  • You know already that I lost the camera cord
  • Collectively, we think (hope!) we lost ten-pounds
  • The clasp to my bikini broke
  • Two pairs of Peter´s flip flops have broken
  • Any romantic memories we may have had about chicken buses are long gone
  • My lunch (twice--yuck!)
  • A pair of earrings
  • 900 quetzales
  • Our freakishly pale Seattle skin color
  • Our snootiness about people who vacation in, GASP, the first world
  • Any illusion we had that we are "young travellers"
  • Our passing interest in "what Honduras might have to offer"
Keep your fingers crossed that we can keep most of what we have for the rest of the trip. . .we´re pretty much down to the bare minimum now!
xoxo, r

No comments: